2015 - A Year for "Deals to be Had"
Happy New Year! The most asked question I get lately is "how's the market, Jody?" A loaded question to be sure. Although, the bottom line is that it looks like a good year coming our way.
2014 was a very productive year in real estate in CT. Buyers and sellers alike saw some very good deals. The numbers tell the whole story but those are somewhat technical. Working full time as a realtor in the Beautiful Lower CT River Valley for almost 20 years I can feel that there are some positive changes coming for the area. Not only did inventory levels even out but bank owned properties were less of a factor in determining market price. (If you'd like the full statistics please let me know and I'll send them to you.)
As the year begins I am already excited to see some really great deals out there, deals that don't have unrealistic asking prices, deals that are easily financed, deals that will not take months to close. This is the time to get your feet wet if you'd like to start looking. And remember whether you are buying or selling looking at houses is important. It is my job and I take your real estate needs seriously.
REASONS TO GET YOUR FEET IN THE MARKET AND LOOK AT HOUSES:
1. It is not a waste of my time, it is only an opportunity to educate you on market prices.
2. The right time comes sooner than you would think, the more you see the more you know.
3. If you need to sell first looking at homes, now, will help you understand pricing to sell.
4. Only serious sellers/buyers are in the market at this time which means negotiations will have results.
5. Looking now helps narrow down focus and goals to achieve your ultimate goal of a well priced deal.
Get in touch with me if you'd like to talk about upgrading/downsizing and we can begin a plan of action for your real estate needs.